Thursday 27 October 2011

Glenelg Art Gallery

I visited the Glenelg Art Gallery today and unfortunately found that it was shut, even though I came during the opening hours stated on the website. The gallery is located upstairs inside Dymocks book store. I had a look at the only artworks I could see at the entrance and they were all colourful and quite detailed. They seemed to have a contemporary abstract style yet they were all very different from each other. I investigated the website and found that most of the work is produced by local artists.

'Emu Walk' - by Susan Betts

This piece of work stood apart from the rest for me as I was attracted to the interesting linework and use of bright colours contrasting against a dark background. The use of rounded forms and arrows creates movement and a sense of direction. Also the emu's stance suggests energy and the bold colours compliment that.

No comments:

Post a Comment